The CSEN, Centro Sportivo Educativo Nazionale (=National Educational Sport Centre), is a Body for Sports Promotion recognized by the Italian National Olympic Committee CONI. (Law Decree no. 242 dated 23th.7.1999, CONI Deliberation no. 1224 dated 15th.5.2002) and by the Italian Paralympic Committee C.I.P.; it is also a Welfare Body recognized by the Italian Ministry for Internal Affairs (Minister Decree no. 559/C 3206-12000 – A (101) dated 29th.02.1992); CSEN is recognized as a National Body for Social Promotion (Registration no.77 National Register of Ministry of Labour and Welfare Policies – Law no.383/2000) and is registered in the Provisional Register for National Civil Service.
CSEN aims to promote and disseminate sporting activities with a high social value; to contribute to developing sports, thus reaching the objective of “sports for everybody and belonging to everybody” (in line with the “Sport for All” movement); to establish favourable conditions for a wider development of physical education, sports and health; to cooperate with the C.O.N.I., Sporting Federations, schools, Regions and Local Authorities, with social and political groups as well as with autonomous organizations from other countries; to promote the growth of Sporting Clubs; to operate not-for–profit across Italy.
The above-mentioned aims are pursued through a variety of structured activities:
• Centres for the promotion of sport;
• Promotion and organization of amateur and competitive competitions for all age groups;
• Organization of championships and tournaments for all male and female categories;
• Training and refresher courses for managers, technicians/experts, sport operators and instructors;
• Research, study and experimental activities;
• Cultural, recreational and leisure time activities;
• Regular publishing of the Boy’Sport magazine, the official quarterly of the CSEN on cultural, political, social and educational issues relating to sport and physical education;
• Publishing of booklets and publications regarding physical and sport education, legislative, civil and fiscal norms in the field;
• Publishing of an online newsletter with information and updates for member associations;
• Help services for Sport and Social Promotion Associations for legal, fiscal and insurance issues provided through tariff agreements.
Since 2011, in the wake of positive outcomes resulting from its activities, the CSEN has felt the increasingly pressing need to unite sporting and social policies in line with EU directives and it has boosted its social promotion programme both at national and local levels.
As to the school sector, the strong commitment and attention toward the promotion of motor and sport activities have been confirmed. The CSEN has strengthened the synergic relationships with the various Teaching Boards and with many operators who favour youth and school sporting activities because of their values for the physical and psychological development of pupils.
In this global framework, the mission of CSEN is that of making the citizen “protagonist, participant and interpreter in social commitment” for a renewal of sports values. This implies a view of sporting, amateur and recreational associations as being able to keep abreast of the changes that take place in society.
The CSEN figures
1,400,000 members comprising managers, technicians, athletes, amateurs
12,000 Amateur Sports Associations
3,000 Sports Associations (Base Sports Unions)
2,000 Associations for social promotion and leisure time
820,000 members who participate in sport activities
550,000 members who participate in active leisure time activities
20 Regional Committees
106 Provincial Committees
In Italy the CSEN offers over 274 sport disciplines and it is in the top position for Fitness, Dance, Sports with Dogs and Martial Arts, including martial arts for disabled people. Also well represented are Athletics, Football (especially with 5 to 9 players), Swimming Sports, Volleyball, Basketball and many others disciplines.
Nowadays, the number of championships for each discipline covers all 12 months of the year. National championships for specialty organized in-house and only for CSEN athletes are cutting edge; the winners often go on to participate in sport activities held by the National Federations.
CSEN activities also include the training of sport managers with conferences and seminars regarding topical issues, such as: tax regulations, national and local legislative norms, planning and organizational development. Important issues like activity for a healthy life-style, the environment, sport, cultural and social developments have been dealt with. For the CSEN such training activities are an important step in the general development of its middle managers.
The CSEN also offers technical refresher courses and continuing education for those members who want to enrich their knowledge and become able to better contribute to the growth of CSEN.
UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI ROMA TRE_ Dipartimento Scienze della Formazione
Now in its 21th year of academic activity, the Roma Tre "project" has gradually but constantly brought into focus its particular profile; that of a dynamic and efficient seat of learning that, step by step, has become an acknowledged point of reference both in the Italian and the international university system.
Its 40,000 students are the fruit of a winning strategy founded on offering a wide-range of courses and on innovation that focuses on the quality of the teaching and the introduction of the young into the working world.
One of the milestones for Roma Tre, as well as a guideline for its development, was its incorporation in the surrounding area, characterized by the reclamation of old buildings and school premises, transformed into modern facilities for study and research.
In a short time modern and efficient study centers were created, important scientific laboratories were improved, while investment in PhDs and researchers has been steadily increased.
All faculties have been equipped with a computer laboratory and most of the University is a wireless zone. Piazza Telematica, a computer center with 200 multimedia work stations, designed to function as a University Internet point has been set up; linked to all the laboratories, it is an essential tool for facing the new challenges of research and distance learning. In addition to these teaching facilities our students have at their disposal efficient libraries and sports facilities.
Roma Tre offers a wide choice of post-degree courses (masters, PhDs, and specialization courses), enhanced through the valid collaboration of both public and private enterprises.
Internship and Job Placement Office is entirely dedicated to orientation, thus increasing the opportunities for last-year students and graduates to gain first-hand experience through periods of on-the-job training in firms and institutions.
Scientific research, together with education, is one of the essential functions of a University as well as the basis of teaching itself. It is the engine of critical knowledge, creativity, innovation, competitiveness, and the quality of education.
The Departments' autonomy in planning and management issues guarantees they are efficiently run.
University has 12 Departments, 10 Libraries and 10 Centers. Each University’s Department, with autonomy in planning and management issues, has two different offices whose employees, with regard to international projects, are in charge for: a) administrative tasks; b) support to R&D projects.
These offices, which serve each specific department, are coordinated and backed by two central offices: the European International Relations Office which has specific expertise in managing and organizing students’ and teachers’ flows within international HEI cooperation projects and the European Projects Office whose officials are skilled in the overall project cycle management. backing and properly instructing the researchers involved in the preparation and implementation of international pr.
In the project the Department of Education (DoE) is involved.
Specific objectives of the DoE are:
- to promote studies concerning educational and social processes;
- to promote national and international studies and researches on adult education and training;
- to establish a close connection between research and teaching in an area of crucial importance for cultures and professions development;
- to ensure a good development of communication technologies in adult education and training;
- to give quality responses to a wide range of learners: young, working adults, professionals;
- to raise the qualification of cultural and professional, individual and group profiles, in relation to the innovation and development needs;
- to contribute to a system of recognition and validation of skills acquired in non-formal and informal contexts;
- to promote development and consolidation of a scientific approach to the interpretation of educational phenomenon.
DoE is responsible for the organization of 10 Degree Courses and Post Degree Courses. It promotes and organizes participation in national and international research programs in scientific areas of competence. It works in national and international education projects with private and other public institutions. There are several laboratories: a very important one is the Research and Service Centre for Bilan des Competences. The project research group works in this Centre. It is certified at european level as “CENTRE DE BILAN DE COMPETENCES – QUALITY ASSURED SERVICE” (Démarche Qualité Europe Bilan de Compétences) and it’s member of FECBOP (Fédération européenne des Centres de bilan et d'orientation professionnelle). The Centre studies:
- Competence concepts: technical and professional skills, strategic skills for lifelong learning;
- Bilan de compétences: methods and tools;
- Recognition and validation of prior learning. Link
People s.r.l. has been operating since 2007 in the field of research, guidance, counselling and business creation. People can count on a staff of professional profiles with a long-standing experience in the field of guidance and individual tutoring for the development of vocational and entrepreneurship projects. “Bilan de competence” and “Business creation” have represented the key elements of our professional growth path. Quality, managing skills, and a global approach allow us to realize integrated and focused interventions for the empowerment. People is aimed at giving answers either to individuals or to organizations. The main task of the organization is therefore being in the position of giving counselling answers that put the self and his need at the centre of a personalized path, build for the enhancement of the self-autonomy and awareness. People’s working methodology is meant at always offering a counselling oriented towards the users need, being the user an individual or an organization.
People S.r.l. is a 8 years experienced Company working in the implementation of regional, national and European funds co-financed projects. People’s main focus is: development of innovative methods and tools aimed at identifying, recognizing and assessing competences; active employment policies and development of entrepreneurial culture; counseling and assistance to start-up initiatives; business coaching; “Bilan de Competence” and Competences Analysis; vocational guidance; “train the trainers”.
Our Staff: many expert of guidance and “Bilan de Competence”; pedagogues and experienced counsellor that have been collaborated to a considerable number of EU project and have alsoexperience with group and individual guidance methodologies for labour placement. At the same time we have experience in the support of a wide numbers of users in the field of self-employment.
Partnership: People is a partner of:
• FECBOP (European Federation for the centre of Bilan de Competence and Vocational guidance) that is the certificating organization of the European methodology of Bilan de Competence ;
• EURORESO, that is a European Net of 30 organizations coming from 15 different countries with a scientific and educational purpose to develop programmes which facilitate access to work and social integration.
• CReSBdC - Department of Studies of Educational Processes, Cultural and Intercultural Contemporary Society at “Roma Tre” University, which it became in 2014 Cres-Ielpo.